Is it just me, or is everyone (and their mothers) baking banana bread during lockdown? 2020 isn’t turning out great so far, and we all seem to be returning to this comforting foodie fave to ease some of the stressors life is currently throwing at us. Our love for banana bread spans countries across the globe, it seems to be one of the small joys in life uniting us worldwide right now. With more time on our hands than any of us are used too, now is the perfect time to bake this easy wholesome food. Read on for my tried and tested banana bread recipe…
EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
– 3-4 ripe (or overripe) bananas
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 tbsp vanilla essence
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 1 1/2 cups of flour
– Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (on a fan assisted oven, 180 degrees on a normal oven).
– Spray a loaf pan (or whatever baking tray you’re using) with cooking spray.
– Peel and mash the bananas in a large bowl.
– Stir in the egg, sugar, vanilla essence, baking soda, salt, and melted butter. Stir well until the mixture is a nice consistency.
– Add the flour and stir well. Add in chocolate chips also at this stage if you want (optional).
– Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
– Cook for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, check the banana bread is cooked through by inserting a knife, if the knife comes out clean your banana bread is ready.
– Leave to cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
If you want to go the extra mile and get really indulgent, eat your banana bread warm with a lashing of hazelnut spread on top. You won’t regret it!