I don’t know about you but amidst this current lockdown, my healthy eating habits have gone out the window. And by that I mean disappeared altogether. Having 24/7 access to my snack cupboard is not a good idea, and whilst some may say just don’t buy unhealthy foods to begin with – its not always that easy (especially when you live with other people). In times of uncertainty and chaos, comforting foods can be a light relief. Here’s a delicious recipe to satisfy everyone out there who has a sweet tooth like me!
CARAMELISED BANANA RECIPE
– 2-3 ripe bananas
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– Slice the bananas into thick slices.
– Lightly spray a frying pan with nonstick oil spray and let warm up over a medium heat.
– In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
– Add the banana slices to the frying pan and sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
– Cook for 2-3 minutes.
– Flip the banana slices over, and sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
– Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
This tasty snack goes great on top of toast, with some pancakes and whipped cream, on top of crumpets and bagels, or just on their own as a tasty treat!