Rice Crispy treats are nostalgic for me, they’re little slices of heaven I used to bake with my mum as a kid. They bring back fond childhood memories of me sneaking marshmallows out of the packet and my mum pretending like she hadn’t noticed (she totally noticed). In my opinion these treats are best made at home, even though you can buy them in stores. The best things about making Rice Crispy treats at home is you can customise to your hearts content. More marshmallows? Duh. Sprinkles on top? Ofcourse.
RICE CRISPY TREAT RECIPE
– 4-5 cups of Rice Crispies (or own-brand supermarket equivalent)
– 1 bag of marshmallows
– 1/2 cup butter
– Grease a rectangle baking pan (8×8 or similar).
– Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat (ensure the heat is a medium heat so the butter doesn’t burn).
– Add marshmallows to your pot and stir together over a medium heat until everything’s melted.
– Remove pot from heat and stir in Rice Crispies.
– Press your Rice Crispies mixture firmly into your greased pan.
– Let your mixture sit for 30 minutes until its cooled (you can also speed up the process by cooling in the fridge for 10-15 minutes).